Are you interested in a challenging and rewarding career that can lead to further advancement?
Do you still want to enjoy your current lifestyle?
Do you want to develop lifelong friendships while earning money?
A career in the MEAT INDUSTRY is waiting for you!
There are a number of different career paths you can take in the meat industry, from labourers to graduate positions.
Check out the different sectors below for more information.
Why choose a career in the meat industry?
It is a career and a lifestyle all in one.
- Training is conducted predominantly on-the-job; earn money while you train!
- There are employment opportunities across Australia and internationally.
- Enhance your skills - become a supervisor or manager.
- You will develop skills that are applicable across all sectors of the food industry.
- There is opportunity to specialise.
- Generous industry support for further education and training.
- The meat industry offers a dynamic, challenging working environment.
What level of education is needed for a career in the meat industry?
- Careers are available from Certificate I to postgraduate degrees.
- Nearly every new employee can undertake an apprenticeship of traineeship.
- Most employees receive the opportunity to undertake additional training beyond their first qualification.
- Many companies provide additional training at Certificate IV and Diploma levels.
- The Australian Meat Industry is one of Australia's largest export earners, earning an approximate $8 billion per year.
- Australia is one of the world's largest exporters of red meat and livestock, exporting primarily to the United States and Japan.
- It employs around 60,000 people from apprentices through to management.
- It has one of the best training systems in the world with over 90% of the workforce holding a qualification or currently in training.
MINTRAC, 1800 817 462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Meat Industry Council (AMIC), 02 9086 2200 or email email@example.com
Meat & Livestock Australia, 02 9463 9333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Virtual Farm